Setrics Tracker

Home Based Business

Published under News

Do you operate a business from your home? If so it’s important to know that there are some things  your homeowner’s policy may not cover.

  1. Business Contents – If you have property specifically related to your business, such as office equipment,
  2. production supplies or product inventory they may not be covered at all, or they may be subject to the policy limits.
  3. Data Recover – If damage to your computer or other hardware results in lost business data the cost of recovering that data may not be covered.
  4. Offsite property – If you take property to another location, or example a convention or vendor booth any damage or loss of inventory or your equipment it may not be covered away from your home.
  5. General Liability – If family or friends are injured while visiting your home, your homeowner’s policy will cover the injuries. However, if a client or employee has the same accident while conducting business your liability coverage may be void.
  6. Business Interruption – If a disaster happens such as an earthquake, fire or flood and you are forced to leave your home and suspend business operations your policy won’t cover you’re your lost revenue during that time.

If you have a home business or are considering starting one let your insurance agent know. Using your home for something other than what your insurance company is aware of may void your policy. It is a good idea to look into separate coverage for your home business. Please give us a call if you would like to talk with one of our agents about insuring your home business or for any of your insurance needs.

Comments are closed at this time.