The first day of spring is just a few days away. It’s time spend more time in the great outdoors!
Here are a few helpful tips for keeping your ATV ready to go and help prevent getting stuck on the trail.
- Check the oil, if the oil is black and gummy, change it. You can do this by locating the drain plug at the bottom of the crankcase and draining the oil out – be sure to dispose of the used oil properly.
- Look for frayed or broken ignition wires. If you see the cord underneath, change them.
- Take the spark plugs out. If they’re worn or dirty, change them. Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Check the gas filter, which is located on the gas line to the carburetor. If it looks cloudy or if you haven’t changed the filter in awhile, replace it.
- Examine the air filter. If you see that it’s dirty, replace it. This is usually located on top of the carburetor.
Extra Tip – Check your insurance to make sure it is still active and make sure you have your insurance cards. – If you don’t have insurance give us a call we can provide insurance for all types of outdoor toys!